A home inspection is a comprehensive, visual inspection of your potential home. The benefits are well documented, so the cost is often seen as very small compared to the money it could save you.
Home inspection prices typically fall between $350-$450. This varies based on a couple factors, and the cost can be higher or lower than this range. Get an instant quote online here!
What Determines the Cost of a Home Inspection?
Since we personally walk through your entire home and inspect all the major systems and areas, the size of the home is the largest factor in the cost of a home inspection.
Other factors include:
- Age of the home
- Additional services such as radon, mold or termite inspections
- Additional units or outbuildings
Why is a Home Inspection Worth the Money?
At North Ohio Property Inspection, we sometimes find major defects that can cause a homebuyer to walk away from the house. These findings can save you thousands of dollars in repairs down the road. This comes in the form of structural issues or major plumbing or mold problems.
More often, we find minor repairs and defects that we walk through with you. These can save you money by getting the seller to cover part of the cost to repair, or by learning affordable ways to fix them yourself.
Do I Need a Radon or Termite Inspection?
Each home is different. If you suspect there is termite damage or signs of termites, give us a call and we can determine if it warrants a termite inspection.
Many homes in the midwest in areas like Medina and Akron have elevated levels of radon. Especially if your home has a basement, we recommend a radon test to make sure since radon is odorless and often goes unnoticed.
North Ohio Property Inspection
Recent Blog Posts
- 7 Tips for Sellers Before a Home Inspection
- Secrets of Successful Real Estate Agents
- Pros and Cons of Selling Your Home FSBO vs Hiring a Realtor
- Cleveland Real Estate Market Update
- Northeast Ohio Real Estate Update
- Real Estate & Home Inspection Resources in Strongsville, Ohio
- What to Look For in a Modern Home Inspection Report
- Preparing for Home Inspections: Checkpoints for Realtors To Share with Sellers